Digital Media Manager
Anderson Ranch seeks an effective, organized and independent digital media strategist who is driven by a belief that the power of artmaking can change individuals, and the world. This individual is passionate about storytelling in the digital space and wants to share our high-quality programs with the world. But, they also must possess the left-brained skill set to crunch numbers and present analytical data in service of a concrete set of goals. They enjoy working in a fast-paced workplace full of creative people, and love interacting with everyone from high-caliber artists to students in an upbeat and friendly manner. They love the details and the idea that digital storytelling can transport our audience to our campus through the power of marketing.
Anderson Ranch Arts Center is a year-round visual-arts not-for-profit, tax-exempt organization with a 55-year history of providing transformative experiences that celebrate artists, art-making and creative dialog, at the intersection of craft and the global contemporary art world. Anderson Ranch brings together both aspiring and internationally renowned artists who come from across the country and around the world to test new ideas, explore new disciplines and techniques, hone their art-making skills, engage in meaningful dialog and connect with thought leaders in the artistic community.
Anderson Ranch’s campus is an artistic community nestled among the pristine peaks of the Rocky Mountains. The Ranch campus consists of 14 buildings providing 55,000 square feet of facilities including eight studio buildings, a gallery, a lecture hall, café, store, administrative offices, a student dormitory, as well as residential apartments and cabins. State-of-the-art equipment allows cross-disciplinary experimentation within the mediums of ceramics, woodworking, photography, digital fabrication, painting, sculpture and printmaking. The campus is an oasis of renovated 19th-century cabins and barns that sit alongside contemporary designed buildings, all within the renowned cultural and recreation communities of Aspen/Snowmass, CO, and the Roaring Fork Valley.
Anderson Ranch cultivates a culture of experimentation and collaboration, offering world-class art-making facilities and equipment across diverse mediums, experienced visiting faculty and access to the highest quality staff.
Anderson Ranch’s mission is to enrich lives with art, inspiration and community.
We achieve this by offering:
- Workshops: Providing intensive 1-3-week workshops for artists of all levels and all ages that both improve technical art-making skills and provide transformative experiences for art makers.
- Advanced Mentoring Programs: Offering three-year mentoring programs that advance artistic practice and careers in the arts.
- Artist Residencies: Providing 5 and 10-week long juried Artists-in-Residence programs, which give emerging and mid-career professional artists the time, space and resources to develop new work using our world-class facilities.
- Visiting Artist Experiences: Providing flexible and unique curated experiences to support established national and international artists seeking a retreat to experiment in new mediums or with new techniques and ideas, supported by our staff.
- Anderson Ranch Editions: An artist’s workshop and print publisher program for hand-printed limited-edition lithographs, screen-prints and etchings by established artists.
- Community Engagement: Hosting lectures, discussions, seminars and special events which build a community that appreciates, understands and supports art-making within the global contemporary art world and the human experience for both Anderson Ranch guests and the local community.
Our Work Culture
- Changing Lives and Changing the World Through Art: We care about people and helping them improve their lives. We enable people to learn and grow, personally and professionally, in a challenging and supportive environment. We meet people where they are and help them reach their goals.
- Culture of Diversity & Inclusion: We learn from diversity and it makes us stronger. At the center of our mission is helping people find their whole selves in their artistic practice. We strive to live the same values in our professional lives. That includes actively embracing diversity of age, race, class, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental ability, as well as background and experience. We approach our work thoughtfully, learn from each other and share a commitment to inclusivity.
- Rigor & Excellence: We provide the best possible experience for our community of guests, including faculty, interns, students, residents, visiting artists, volunteers, supporters and staff. We demand the best from ourselves and each other.
- Culture of Critique: We believe in a “Culture of Critique” where we offer and receive honest feedback and support each other in learning and improving.
- Culture of Results, Connectivity and Flexibility: We believe overachieving is better than overworking. We prioritize Anderson Ranch and get the job done 110% by being available when needed, by being open, working collaboratively, welcoming feedback and getting work done efficiently, effectively and on time. Once this is achieved, we enjoy the flexibility of where and when we work; we can pursue our passions, be it art-making, hobbies or special interests.
The Digital Media Manager plans and produces a wholistic approach to digital marketing efforts for Anderson Ranch. This individual creates all email and social media campaigns, ensuring synchronicity between all digital platforms and may also be called upon to perform website updates as needed. This position requires exceptional storytelling abilities, the organizational aptitude to produce and execute upon a monthly social media calendar and the technical know-how to segment and target a variety of audiences, as well as advise on paid campaign budgets.
- Ability to produce integrated digital marketing campaigns across email (using MailChimp) and social media (Facebook, Instagram and Twitter).
- Produce a monthly social media calendar with recommendations on content, copy and image selection/graphic design.
- Assist with creation of blog posts, disseminating messages via social media as needed.
- Organization of project deadlines.
- Responsible for producing almost daily Ranch emails through MailChimp.
- Ongoing management of email lists through Raiser’s Edge database.
- Passionate poster on social media. Understanding of content development, and what “generates buzz”.
- Provide guidance on paid social campaigns, advising on budgets.
- Strong interest in numbers and detailed knowledge of analytical data. Able to translate complex data sets and incorporate them into marketing plans.
- Interpersonal skills. The ability to connect with artists, faculty and staff of all ages and backgrounds in order to capture excellent stories for digital marketing initiatives.
- You must possess a team spirit, strong work ethic, be highly organized and able to multitask.
- Ability to respond to instructions and constructive critiques.
- You will also have the opportunity to shoot and edit video and create basic design materials for each of these digital platforms as interest and need allow.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum Bachelors of Arts, Journalism, Communications, or equivalent college degree.
- A sample social media campaign as well as a writing sample are required for consideration.
- Links to your website or other relevant social media are also required.
Expected Skills & Qualifications:
- Proficiency in MailChimp/Email Marketing.
- Proficiency with major social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter), MailChimp e-newsletter creation and list management, and blog content creation.
- Strong computer skills, and experience with standard software including, but not limited to, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and rudimentary WordPress skills.
- Proven time-management skills, organizational skills, attention to detail, the ability to multitask, coordinate current and long-range projects and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work both in a team setting as well as independently. Self-starter. Must be a strong and proactive communicator, both in verbal and written communication.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service, working with all departments across the organization, as well as students, faculty and other guests.
Staff Community Responsibilities:
- Community Outreach Leader: All staff members are expected to build and lead partnerships with community organizations as they relate to their area of responsibility, and to actively support the outreach efforts of other team members.
- Engaged & Supportive Team Member: All staff are expected to support colleagues and engage in the programs and events of the Ranch by attending lectures, artist talks, fundraising events, and community wide events and being available to jump in and help make them a success.
- Support Major Fundraising & Community Events: All staff are expected to support the major annual events that engage the public and fundraisers. These are “all hands on deck” efforts and all staff are expected to participate in ways outside their normal professional functions to make them a success from set-up, to execution, to tear down.
- Professional & Personal Development: Continuing to learn and improve is a job requirement of all staff. Team members are expected to be growing, learning, and improving in their artistic and professional lives.
- Brand Ambassador: All team members are expected to comport themselves in a manner that is fitting with the organization; represent the Ranch both on and off-campus, as well as online and on social media, keeping in mind that positivity and professionalism are respected and appreciated.
- Typical examples of physical tasks include: reaching, standing, sitting, typing, talking, crouching, kneeling, seeing, and hearing. Occasional lifting and carrying camera equipment up to 25lbs.
- The descriptions above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the role.
- All personnel are required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
- This role requires a flexible schedule including evening and weekend hours as needed, and particularly intense time demands in the summer months.
- This job description may be changed or updated at any time throughout employment.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Base Salary: $60,000 – $70,000
- Total Compensation Package Value: $69,000 – $79,000
- Classification: Regular Full-Time, Exempt
- Reports to: Director of Marketing and Communications
- Location: Snowmass Village, CO
- Company paid medical insurance, option to add additional family
- Company paid HSA contribution
- Long and short-term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid Time Off – Up to 22 days during first year of service
- Paid Sick Leave
- Professional/continuing education support
- Retirement plan/discretionary 403(b) match
Employment requires proof of complete Covid-19 vaccination as well as successfully passing the pre-employment Background Check.
All inquiries and conversations will remain strictly confidential.
NOTE: The above is an abbreviated representation of benefits defined in the Employee Handbook, which governs all employment terms. No other verbal or written exceptions to those terms are honored without a written directive by the President and Chief Executive Officer and signed by the Chair of the Board of Trustees.
How to Apply:
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter
- Sample social media campaign and/or writing, photography and video samples
- Links to your website or other relevant social media
Anderson Ranch is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce.