We are seeking a dedicated and professional housekeeping assistant to joining our growing operations team. The housekeeping assistant will perform a variety of housekeeping duties including vacuuming, mopping, surface cleaning, dusting, changing, and laundering linen. This role requires speed, thoroughness and attention to detail for all tasks. The Ranch prides itself on providing outstanding hospitality to our guests, and housekeeping services are a significant part of this.
Anderson Ranch Arts Center is a year-round visual-arts not-for-profit, tax-exempt organization with a 55-year history of providing transformative experiences that celebrate artists, art-making and creative dialog, at the intersection of craft and the global contemporary art world. Anderson Ranch brings together both aspiring and internationally renowned artists who come from across the country and around the world to test new ideas, explore new disciplines and techniques, hone their art-making skills, engage in meaningful dialog and connect with thought leaders in the artistic community.
Anderson Ranch’s campus is an artistic community nestled among the pristine peaks of the Rocky Mountains. The Ranch campus consists of 14 buildings providing 55,000 square feet of facilities including eight studio buildings, a gallery, a lecture hall, café, store, administrative offices, a student dormitory, as well as residential apartments and cabins. State-of-the-art equipment allows cross-disciplinary experimentation within the mediums of ceramics, woodworking, photography, digital fabrication, painting, sculpture and printmaking. The campus is an oasis of renovated 19th-century cabins and barns that sit alongside contemporary designed buildings, all within the renowned cultural and recreation communities of Aspen/Snowmass, CO, and the Roaring Fork Valley.
Anderson Ranch cultivates a culture of experimentation and collaboration, offering world-class art-making facilities and equipment across diverse mediums, experienced visiting faculty and access to the highest quality staff.
Anderson Ranch’s mission is to enrich lives with art, inspiration and community.
We achieve this by offering:
- Workshops: Providing intensive 1-3-week workshops for artists of all levels and all ages that both improve technical art-making skills and provide transformative experiences for art makers.
- Advanced Mentoring Programs: Offering three-year mentoring programs that advance artistic practice and careers in the arts.
- Artist Residencies: Providing 5 and 10-week long juried Artists-in-Residence programs, which give emerging and mid-career professional artists the time, space and resources to develop new work using our world-class facilities.
- Visiting Artist Experiences: Providing flexible and unique curated experiences to support established national and international artists seeking a retreat to experiment in new mediums or with new techniques and ideas, supported by our staff.
- Anderson Ranch Editions: An artist’s workshop and print publisher program for hand-printed limited-edition lithographs, screen-prints and etchings by established artists.
- Community Engagement: Hosting lectures, discussions, seminars and special events which build a community that appreciates, understands and supports art-making within the global contemporary art world and the human experience for both Anderson Ranch guests and the local community.
- Changing Lives and Changing the World Through Art: We care about people and helping them improve their lives. We enable people to learn and grow, personally and professionally, in a challenging and supportive environment. We meet people where they are and help them reach their goals.
- Culture of Diversity & Inclusion: We learn from diversity and it makes us stronger. At the center of our mission is helping people find their whole selves in their artistic practice. We strive to live the same values in our professional lives. That includes actively embracing diversity of age, race, class, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental ability, as well as background and experience. We approach our work thoughtfully, learn from each other and share a commitment to inclusivity.
- Rigor & Excellence: We provide the best possible experience for our community of guests, including faculty, interns, students, residents, visiting artists, volunteers, supporters and staff. We demand the best from ourselves and each other.
- Culture of Critique: We believe in a “Culture of Critique” where we offer and receive honest feedback and support each other in learning and improving.
- Culture of Results, Connectivity and Flexibility: We believe overachieving is better than overworking. We prioritize Anderson Ranch and get the job done 110% by being available when needed, by being open, working collaboratively, welcoming feedback and getting work done efficiently, effectively and on time. Once this is achieved, we enjoy the flexibility of where and when we work; we can pursue our passions, be it art-making, hobbies or special interests.
The primary purpose of this position is to maintain a clean, sanitary, comfortable and tidy environment for our guests. This role requires reliability, adaptability, attention to detail and availability on the weekends. The housekeeping assistant supports the head housekeeper in meeting high work standards including the ability to meet performance standards without supervision. This person will be a team player but also able to work independently. An eye for detail, planning ahead and meeting deadlines is essential to success in this position.
- Cleaning Services: Provide housekeeping duties including changing the sheets, changing and arranging the towels, restocking toilet supplies, vacuuming, dusting and rearranging rooms after guests check out. Cleans and sanitizes bathrooms, showers, toilets, sinks, and countertops. Regular cleanings for common spaces, offices, public bathrooms and emptying trash receptacles.
- Hospitality: Friendly guest interactions. Restock common supply areas for guests. Report and return any guest properties found in the rooms while rendering service.
- Equipment, Supplies, and Administrative Needs: Maintain inventories for cleaning supplies and equipment, linens and towels. Clean, disinfect and store all equipment and spaces properly. Maintain all cleaning equipment and materials in a safe and sanitary working condition.
- Business Safety: Helps maintain proper safety protocols and high cleaning standards. Report repairs and replacements needed when encountered.
Expected Skills & Qualifications:
- Ability to follow verbal/written directions and follow a schedule
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent working knowledge of cleaning appliances and their operations and proper use of cleaning agents.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Creating systems if and when needed and/or maintaining them.
- Good time management skills.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED certificate preferred.
- At least one year of experience with housekeeping.
- Active work that primarily involves standing and moving around.
- Work that includes moving objects up to 40 pounds.
- The employee frequently is required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms.
- Physical strength and stamina to work extended periods and weekends.
- The descriptions above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the role.
- All personnel are required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
- This role requires a flexible schedule including evening and weekend hours as needed, and particularly intense time demands in the summer months.
- This job description may be changed or updated at any time throughout employment.
- Classification: Temporary Full-Time
- Reports to: Operations and HR Coordinator
- Compensation: $18 – $20 per hour
- Location: Snowmass Village, CO
Employment requires proof of complete Covid-19 vaccination as well as successfully passing the pre-employment Background Check.
All inquiries and conversations will remain strictly confidential.
NOTE: The above is an abbreviated representation of benefits defined in the Employee Handbook, which governs all employment terms. No other verbal or written exceptions to those terms are honored without a written directive by the President and Chief Executive Officer and signed by the Chair of the Board of Trustees.
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Anderson Ranch is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce.