Line Cook – Ranch Café
Anderson Ranch seeks a Line Cooks who appreciates the role food services play in the building of culture and community.
Our Work Culture
- Changing Lives and Changing the World Through Art: We care about people and helping them improve their lives. Helping people learn and grow, personally and professionally, in a challenging and supportive environment. We meet people where they are and help them reach their goals.
- Culture of Diversity & Inclusion: We learn from diversity and it makes us stronger. At the center of our mission is helping people find their whole selves in their artistic practice and. We strive to live the same values in our professional lives. That includes actively embracing diversity of age, race, class, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental ability, as well as background and experience. We approach our work thoughtfully, make mistakes, learn from each other, and share a commitment to inclusivity.
- Rigor & Excellence: We provide the best possible experience for our community of guests, including faculty, students, residents, Visiting Artists, volunteers, supporters and staff. We demand the best from ourselves and each other. We believe in a “Culture of Critique” where we offer and receive honest feedback and support each other in learning and improving.
- Culture of Critique: We believe in offering honest feedback to each other and helping each other explore our efforts and improve our outcomes. We believe in being open to hear and learn from each other’s feedback.
- Assume 100% responsibility for the quality and consistency of the products served.
- Understand and comply with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards, kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
- Prep and prepare the menu items on their station.
- Stock and maintain proper levels of food on line stations to ensure a smooth service.
- Portion food products prior to cooking according to portion size standards and recipe specifications.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary workstation including knives, cutting surfaces and line equipment (sanitation requirements and instructions outlined in training manual).
- Follow proper plating and garnish presentations for all dishes.
- Handle, store and rotate all products properly.
- Handle equipment with care, having safety in mind.
- Frequent and ongoing communication with the Chef De Cuisine regarding schedules and any potential changes that need to be made.
- Assist in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as directed by the Kitchen Manager on duty.
- Open and/or close station properly following station checklists and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by managers.
Staff Community Responsibilities:
- Community Outreach Leader: All staff members are expected to build and lead partnerships with community organizations as they relate to their area of responsibility, and to actively support the outreach efforts of other team members.
- Engaged & Supportive Team Member: All staff are expected to support colleagues and engage in the programs and events of the Ranch by attending lectures, artist talks, fundraising events, community wide events and being available to jump in and help make them a success.
- Professional & Personal Development: Continuing to learn and improve is a job requirement of all staff. Team members are expected to be growing, learning and improving in their artistic and professional lives.
- Brand Ambassador: All team members are expected to comport themselves in a manner that is fitting with the organization; represent the Ranch both on and off-campus, as well as online and on social media, keeping in mind that positivity and professionalism are respected and appreciated.
- The descriptions above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the role.
- All personnel are required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
- This role requires a flexible schedule including evening and weekend hours as needed, and particularly intense time demands in the summer months.
- This job description may be changed or updated at any time throughout employment.
- Moving objects up to 50 pounds.
- The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, go up and down stairs, use hands to finger, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms.
Ideal Qualifications / Skills:
- Efficiency & Time Management
- Dispute resolution / Customer Service
- Attention to Detail
- Positive Attitude
- Passion for Food
Compensation & Benefits:
- Classification: Regular Part Time Employee
- Reports to: Chef de Cuisine / Director of Food & Beverage
- Compensation: $20 – $26 per hour
- Location: Snowmass Village, CO
- Long and short-term disability insurance
- Life insurance
All inquiries and conversations will remain strictly confidential.
NOTE: The above is an abbreviated representation of benefits defined in the Employee Handbook, which governs all employment terms. No other verbal or written exceptions to those terms are honored without a written directive by the President and Chief Executive Officer and signed by the Chair of the Board of Trustees.
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.