Restaurant Manager – Anderson Ranch Café
Anderson Ranch seeks a Restaurant Manager who appreciates the role food services play in the building of culture and community. Strong passion for hospitality, culinary arts, and business operations.
Who We Are
Anderson Ranch Arts Center (the Ranch) is a year-round visual-arts organization with a 50+ year history of providing transformative experiences that celebrate artists, art-making and creative dialog, at the intersection of craft and the global contemporary art world. Anderson Ranch brings together both aspiring and internationally renowned artists who come from across the country and around the world to test new ideas, explore new disciplines and techniques, hone their art-making skills, engage in meaningful dialog, and connect with thought leaders and world-renowned collectors, critics, and influencers.
Anderson Ranch Arts Center’s campus is an artistic community nestled among the pristine peaks of the Rocky Mountains. The Ranch campus consists of 14 buildings providing 55,000 square feet of facilities including eight studio buildings, a gallery, a lecture hall, café, store, administrative offices, a student dormitory, as well as apartments and cabins for artistic staff and artists. State-of-the-art equipment allows cross-disciplinary experimentation within the mediums of ceramics, woodworking, photography, digital fabrication, painting, sculpture, and printmaking. The campus is an oasis of renovated 19th-century cabins and barns that sit alongside contemporary designed buildings, all within the renowned cultural and recreation communities of Aspen/Snowmass, CO and the Roaring Fork Valley.
We cultivate a culture of experimentation and collaboration, offering world-class art making facilities and equipment across diverse mediums, experienced visiting faculty and access to the highest quality artistic staff.
Our Mission: Anderson Ranch Arts Center enriches lives with art, inspiration, and community
We achieve this by offering:
- Workshops: Providing intensive 1-3-week workshops for artists of all levels and all ages that both improve technical art-making skills and provide transformative experiences for art makers.
- Advanced Mentoring Programs: Offering advanced three-year advanced mentoring programs that advance artistic practice and careers in the arts.
- Artist Residencies: Providing 5 and 10-week long juried Artists-in-Residence programs which give emerging and mid-career professional artists the time, space and resources to develop new work using our world-class facilities.
- Visiting Artist Experiences: Providing flexible and unique curated experiences to support established international artists seeking a retreat to experiment in new mediums or with new techniques and ideas, supported by our staff.
- Anderson Ranch Editions: an artist’s workshop and print publisher program for hand-printed limited-edition lithographs, screen-prints, and etchings by established artists.
- Community Engagement: Hosting lectures, discussions, seminars, and special events that build a community that appreciates, understands, and supports art making within the global contemporary art world and the human experience for both our Ranch guests and the local community.
Our Work Culture
- Changing Lives and Changing the World Through Art: We care about people and helping them improve their lives. Helping people learn and grow, personally and professionally, in a challenging and supportive environment. We meet people where they are and help them step in the right.
- Culture of Diversity & Inclusion: We learn from diversity and it makes us stronger. At the center of our mission is helping people find their whole selves in their artistic practice and. We strive to live the same values in our professional lives. That includes actively embracing diversity of age, race, class, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental ability, as well as background and experience. We approach our work thoughtfully, make mistakes, learn from each other, and share a commitment to inclusivity.
- Rigor & Excellence: We provide the best possible experience for our community of guests, including faculty, students, residents, Visiting Artists, volunteers, supporters and staff. We demand the best from ourselves and each other. We believe in a “Culture of Critique” where we offer and receive honest feedback and support each other in learning and improving.
- Culture of Critique: We believe in offering honest feedback to each other and helping each other explore our efforts and improve our outcomes. We believe in being open to hear and learn from each other’s feedback.
- Culture of Results, Connectivity and Flexibility. We believe overachieving is better than overworking. We prioritize the Ranch and get the job done 110% by being available when needed, by being open, working collaboratively, welcoming feedback and getting work done efficiently, effectively and on time. Once this is achieved, we enjoy the flexibility of where and when we work; we can pursue our passions, be it art-making, family, hobbies, special interests or obsessions.
- Overall responsibility for daily food and beverage operations
- Overall responsibility for initial and on-going training and supervision of service, barista, and Café staff including support of management staff
- Maintain, organize and update all operation and training materials for the Café. (Managers SOPs, Staff Checklist, Beverage SOPs, Training Materials)
- Schedule staffing for anticipated demand. Immediately respond to employee issues to minimize impact on service
- Maintain tight control of time and attendance, food and beverage inventory, and material flows to ensure maximum profitability
- Maintain physical organization of all areas of the Café at Anderson Ranch.
- Meet regularly in person and communicate regularly via email with Director of Food & Beverage to review and report progress on operations, discuss opportunities and challenges, update ongoing tasks, and plan for each week.
- In coordination with Director of Food & Beverage and maintain POS system programming, pricing, menu changes etc.
- In coordination with Director of Food & Beverage develop and implement policies and procedures, service standards, and training materials.
- Interact regularly with Anderson Ranch guests to ensure satisfaction, mediate potential issues and solicit feedback
- Maintain logs of staff communications, restaurant business levels and all significant events
- Prepare daily sales reports, cash deposits, and service charge disbursements in accordance with established Anderson Ranch policies
- Review daily logs, VIPs, special requests, group needs and coordinate with appropriate departments to meet the needs of Anderson Ranch
- Maintain a high level of morale and productivity
- Monitor business levels, BEO’s, special requests
- Follow local Health Code and Guidelines to ensure safe and quality products
- Maintain all restaurant collateral, menus, and printed materials in good condition
- Support the direction of Anderson Ranch and the Director of Food & Beverage
- Addition responsibilities will be assigned as needed
Ideal Qualifications & Skills:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A highly driven and motivated individual with innate hospitality nature
- Dedicated to achieving excellence in all areas
- Working knowledge of classic and modern service standards
- Knowledgeable of wines, spirits and beer styles
- Knowledgeable of food types and kitchen operations
- Flexible in terms of working hours and schedules
- Able to endure long periods of standing, walking and lifting up to 45lbs
- Prior supervisory experience
- Strong computer skills (Google programs and Microsoft Suite)
- Programing and maintenance of server-based point of sale systems
- Multi-lingual ability is a plus
Staff Community Responsibilities:
- Community Outreach Leader: All staff members are expected to build and lead partnerships with community organizations as they relate to their area of responsibility, and to actively support the outreach efforts of other team members.
- Engaged & Supportive Team Member: All staff are expected to support colleagues and engage in the programs and events of the Ranch by attending lectures, artist talks, fundraising events, and community wide events and being available to jump in and help make them a success.
- Professional & Personal Development: Continuing to learn and improve is a job requirement of all staff. Team members are expected to be growing, learning, and improving in their artistic and professional lives.
- Brand Ambassador: All team members are expected to comport themselves in a manner that is fitting with the organization; represent the Ranch both on and off-campus, as well as online and on social media, keeping in mind that positivity and professionalism are respected and appreciated.
- The descriptions above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the role.
- All personnel are required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
- This role requires a flexible schedule including evening and weekend hours as need, and particularly intense time demands in the summer months.
- This job description may be changed or updated at any time throughout employment.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Classification: Full time, Year-Round
- Reports to: Director of Food & Beverage
- Compensation: $55,000 to $65,000
- Location: Snowmass Village, CO
- Company-paid medical insurance, option to add additional family
- HSA contribution
- Long and short-term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off – Up to 22 days during the first year of service
- Sick Leave – Up to 12 days during the first year of service
- Professional/continuing education support
- Retirement plan/discretionary 403(b) match
NOTE: The above is an abbreviated representation of benefits defined in the Employee Handbook, which governs all employment terms. No other verbal or written exceptions to those terms are honored without a written directive by the President and Chief Executive Officer and signed by the Chair of the Board of Trustees.
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.