The Recognition Dinner is Anderson Ranch’s largest fundraising event of the year celebrating creativity and service to the arts by recognizing the accomplishments of key figures in the art world.
This summer, Anderson Ranch Arts Center will honor Ai Weiwei with the International Artist Award, and Bunny and Charles Burson with the Service to the Arts Award at its 22nd Annual Recognition Dinner on July 19, 2018.
“Ai Weiwei is one of the top living artists working today, and his artistic output calls attention to the most challenging and divisive issues of our time,” commented Nancy Wilhelms, Executive Director of Anderson Ranch. “Honoring him dovetails with our mission at the Ranch to be a leading platform for art-making and dialogue on issues in contemporary art.”
“We are also thrilled to honor Bunny and Charles Burson with the Service to the Arts Award,” continued Wilhelms. “They champion the values of Anderson Ranch, and as artists and leaders in the arts themselves, they also exemplify the focus on excellence, rigor and talent that continues to define our campus.”
“My duty as an artist is to associate myself with freedom of expression, and to spark dialogue around urgent issues facing humanity,” commented Ai Weiwei. “We live in a complex and ever-changing society, and my art calls on people to question and engage with that reality, to respond to history as it happens, and to demand accountability.” Ai continued, “I am honored to be recognized by Anderson Ranch Arts Center for my work.”
“As an artist, I can’t overstate the significance of Anderson Ranch Arts Center within the contemporary art world,” commented Bunny Burson. “The organization is a leader in fostering important ideas and dialogues, and brings out our creative spirit. We’re in awe of the committed faculty, the welcoming staff and the accomplished students from around the globe, with whom we are privileged to share our work and lives.”
“We truly consider the Ranch to be a part of us,” added Charles Burson. “We take classes, attend lectures and wholly support the Ranch’s programs, which have changed our lives. We are honored to receive the Service to the Arts Award.”
The Recognition Dinner brings together art world luminaries and supporters for an evening of fun and fundraising, including cocktails, dinner and a live auction.
International Artist Honoree Table – $50,000 – SOLD OUT
Paul Soldner Table – $30,000 – SOLD OUT
- Premium seating for 12 at the Recognition Dinner
- Premium wine at your table
- Seating for 12 at the Conversation with Ai Weiwei
- Seating for 12 at the Conversation with Bunny and Charles Burson
- 12 invitations to the VIP Luncheon with the 2018 honorees
- 2 invitations to the VIP Cocktail Party
- Recognition in the invitation and event program as Vice- Chair of the event (with purchase by March 23)
Peter Voulkos Table – $18,000 – SOLD OUT
- Seating for 12 at the Recognition Dinner
- Seating for 2 at the Conversation with Ai Weiwei
- Seating for 2 at the Conversation with Bunny and Charles Burson
- 2 invitations to the VIP Luncheon with the 2018 honorees
- 2 invitations to the VIP Cocktail Party
- Recognition in the invitation and event program as Vice-Chair of the event (with purchase by March 23)
Sam Maloof Ticket $2,500 – SOLD OUT
- Seating for 1 at the Recognition Dinner
- Seating for 1 at the Conversation with Ai Weiwei
- Seating for 1 at the Conversation with Bunny and Charles Burson
- 1 invitation to the VIP Luncheon with the 2018 honorees
- 1 invitation to the VIP Cocktail Party
- Recognition in the invitation and event program as an Honorary Host Committee member of the event (with the purchase of 2 or more tickets by March 23)
To purchase tables and tickets or for more information regarding underwriting opportunities, please contact Hailey Walsh at 970/923-3181 x 227 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- International Artist Honoree visit – $10,000
- Entertainment – $10,000
- Décor – $5,000
- Wine – $5,000
- Photography – $2,000
- Sponsor-an-Artist-Ticket – $1,000
To purchase tables and tickets or for more information regarding underwriting opportunities, please contact Hailey Walsh at 970/923-3181 x227 or email@example.com.
ABOUT THE AWARDS
The International Artist Award is given to globally recognized artists who demonstrate the highest level of artistic achievement and whose careers have fundamentally influenced contemporary art. Past recipients include Wangechi Mutu, Carrie Mae Weems, Frank Stella, Theaster Gates, Bill Viola, Cindy Sherman, Vik Muniz, Laurie Anderson, Christo, Jeanne-Claude, and others.
The Service to the Arts Award is presented to locally and nationally recognized arts advocates, who demonstrate the highest level of leadership, integrity and vision. Prior recipients include Jan and Ronnie Greenberg, Eleanore and Domenico De Sole, Jennifer and David Stockman, Debra and Dennis Scholl, Jane and Marc Nathanson and Soledad and Robert Hurst, among others.