IT Support/Jr Systems Administrator
The IT Support/Jr Systems Administrator responds to employee queries and needs in a timely manner and ensures the optimal running of all systems. They enjoy establishing good relationships and have a special knack for teaching their colleagues how to make appropriate, efficient and safe usage of the IT infrastructure. Listening to technical needs, understanding the problem and implementing solutions is what they do best.
The IT Support/Jr Systems Administrator optimizes the role that technology plays in Anderson Ranch’s success by overseeing the technology and equipment related to administrative operations. Responsible for maintaining and troubleshooting all networks, administrative systems and employee workstations, they build and maintain updated and efficient computer systems and networks working with Anderson Ranch’s IT consultant as needed. The individual who will succeed in this role will have a solid foundation in computer software and hardware, internet applications, networks, operating systems, internet security and data privacy principles. They have excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Administration: Administers software and hardware systems, networking infrastructure, server infrastructure and data backup systems. Sets up workstations with computers and necessary peripheral devices. Installs and configures appropriate software and functions according to specifications. Develops and maintains local networks in ways that optimizes performance. Makes recommendations for improving the company’s IT systems. Organizes and schedules upgrades and maintenance. Maintain hardware inventory systems and documents. Manages and administers software licenses and 3rd party services including Adobe, Raiser’s Edge, Financial Edge, Gmail, WhatsApp, Crisis Go
- Troubleshooting and Issue Resolution: Serves as the initial point of contact for all computer and system related concerns. Diagnoses and resolves problems establishing reasonable and attainable deadlines. Actively updates, maintains and monitors all aspects of computer networks and resolves technical issues related to network interruptions. Performs occasional after-hours maintenance/upgrade/repair work. Supports basic database questions for Raiser’s Edge and Financial Edge. Works with service providers in support of all IT related needs.
- Documentation: Maintains a work log detailing all required system updates, as well as the date of completion. Responds to requests submitted through the IT Service Request Form and maintains a report listing requests for technical assistance, steps taken to resolve them, and the specific dates/individuals involved. Organizes and file documentation pertaining to warranties and instructional guides for computer hardware.
- Training: Creates and continually updates training materials pertaining to computer, phone system and server troubleshooting and usage as well as organizational policy. Provides orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new software and computer equipment. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
Staff Community Responsibilities
- Community Outreach Leader: All staff members are expected to build and lead partnerships with community organizations as they relate to their area of responsibility, and to actively support the outreach efforts of other team members.
- Engaged and Supportive Team Member: All staff are expected to support colleagues and engage in the programs and events of the Ranch by attending lectures, artist talks, fundraising events and community events with a willingness to actively contribute to their success.
- Professional and Personal Development: Continuing to learn and improve is a job requirement of all staff. Team members are expected to continually grow, learn and improve in their artistic and professional lives.
- Brand Ambassador: All team members are expected to comport themselves in a manner that is fitting with the organization; represent the Ranch both on and off-campus, as well as online and on social media, keeping in mind that positivity and professionalism are respected and appreciated.
- The descriptions above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the role.
- All personnel are required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
- This role requires a flexible schedule including evening and weekend hours as needed, and particularly intense time demands in the summer months.
- This job description may be changed or updated at any time throughout employment.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.