Artistic Administrative Manager
Anderson Ranch seeks an effective, organized and independent administrative manager who is driven by a belief that the power of artmaking can change individuals, and the world. This individual thrives on maintaining the order, stability, and structure needed to deliver a seamless high-quality and high-service programs. They enjoy working in a fast-paced but casual workplace and love interacting with everyone from high-caliber artists to students in an upbeat and friendly manner. They love the details and they love getting the job done efficiently and correctly the first time. They love to see the team succeed.
The successful candidate will take ownership of the administrative needs of the Artistic division, supporting the success of the team by ensuring stable and effective organization of the details behind workshops, Visiting Artists and Summer Series speakers as well as the Artists-in-Residence programs.
- Administrative Support to the Director of Artistic Programs: Working closely with the Director to manage calendars, organize meetings, schedule appointments and manage team communications. Duties include keeping minutes, following up on action items, recording file memos, drafting correspondence, preparing expense reports and payment requests for the Director. Will also work with other artistic staff team members assigned to oversee specific programs as assigned below.
- Workshop Guest Faculty Contracts and Logistics: Assure the professional and smooth management of faculty contracts, VISAs, travel planning and communication, assuring the respective Studio Coordinators are handling the day-to-day logistics of special requests or needs within the workshops. Workshops run throughout the summer months of June throughSeptember as well as the month of January.
- Summer Series Speaker and Visiting Artists Contracts and Logistics: Includes organizing engagement agreements, arranging travel, housing and meals for high-caliber guests. Preparing detailed itineraries, welcoming these special Ranch guests and assuring a concierge-level support of these important guests throughout their stay. The SummerSeries primarily runs in July and August and there is a special speaker program during President’s Day Weekend. Visiting Artists come throughout the year for customized experiences.
- Artists-in-Residence Program Logistics: Provide administrative support to the Artists-in-Residence program, including managing the artists’ application process, facilitating the selection committee process, preparing correspondence and communicating with selected artists on program schedules and policies. Artists-in-Residence program run for 10 and five weeks respectively in the autumn and spring.
- Scholarship/Studio Internship Program Logistics: Provide administrative support to Scholarship and Internship Program, including managing the application and selection process, managing the onboarding process, arranging group education experiences, etc. The Scholarship and Internship selection occur in the spring.
- Proposal and Grant Writing: Working with the Director of Artistic Programs to identify grant opportunities, managing the application process, deadlines, and reporting requirements. This includes drafting proposals and working with the Development department to assure deadlines and quality standards are met.
Staff Community Responsibilities
- Community Outreach Leader: All staff members are expected to build and lead partnerships with community organizations as they relate to their area of responsibility, and to actively support the outreach efforts of other team members.
- Engaged and Supportive Team Member: All staff are expected to support colleagues and engage in the programs and events of the Ranch by attending lectures, artist talks, fundraising events and community events with a willingness to actively contribute to their success.
- Professional and Personal Development: Continuing to learn and improve is a job requirement of all staff. Team members are expected to continually grow, learn and improve in their artistic and professional lives.
- Brand Ambassador: All team members are expected to comport themselves in a manner that is fitting with the organization; represent the Ranch both on and off-campus, as well as online and on social media, keeping in mind that positivity and professionalism are respected and appreciated.
- The descriptions above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the role.
- All personnel are required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
- This role requires a flexible schedule including evening and weekend hours as needed, and particularly intense time demands in the summer.
- This job description may be changed or updated at any time throughout employment.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive salary, Tier 2 level position
- Company paid medical insurance, option to add additional family
- Long and short-term disability insurance, include maternity coverage
- Paid Vacations (up to 4 weeks), Paid Holiday (up to 10 days), and paid sick time.
- Professional/continuing education support
- Retirement plan/401K match
NOTE: The above is an abbreviated representation of benefits defined in the Employee Handbook, which governs all employment terms. No other verbal or written exceptions to those terms are honored without a written directive by President and Chief Executive Officer and signed by the Chairman of the Board of Trustees.
Submit complete application by email at: hr@AndersonRanch.org
Application materials to include:
- Letter of intent indicating potential and desire for the position
- Three references and contact information for each
Applications are currently being accepted and the position will remain open until filled
Anderson Ranch is an equal opportunity employer.
This job summary is not to be interpreted to be all-inclusive. It is intended to identify the essential functions and qualifications of the job. The applicant may be required to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this job description. Certain functions not explicitly stated above are nevertheless understood to be essential to this position. Anderson Ranch is an equal opportunity employer.