Anderson Ranch Arts Center is seeking an enthusiastic and creative line cook from May-September. This position provides the opportunity to create innovative, healthy and affordable meals while working in a supportive, creative, collaborative environment. Anderson Ranch’s Café primarily serves Ranch students, faculty, artists-in-residence, staff and community members. Anderson Ranch believes good food is essential to creating meaningful connections between all of the organization’s programs and audiences.
- Assist with day-to-day operations of the Café.
- Assist in the preparation of Café meals with support of other Café staff.
- Work closely with the café manager to plan, source and prepare food for events, meetings and programs.
- Ensure extraordinary customer service, food preparation and proper food safety, storage and sanitation practices.
- Ensure full compliance of health department codes and regulations in the kitchen and Café.
Required Skills, Experience and Character Traits
- Ability to plan and prepare food for large groups of people.
- Good natured, friendly and kind. Ability and willingness to maintain an affable and welcoming disposition toward staff and the general public, understanding that this position requires a significant amount of informal interaction with many people on a daily basis.
- Enthusiastic, energetic. Ability to sustain an ongoing and consistent spirit of positive, uplifting leadership in varying programmatic contexts.
- Collaborative. Takes direction well.
The ideal candidate for the position of Cook will have:
- Minimum of one year professional cooking experience, with knowledge of vegetarian and vegan cooking.
- ServSafe Certification (or willingness to become certified).
- Fluent Spanish speaker highly preferred (will be working with Spanish speaking team members)
Application Deadline: Open until the position is filled.
Required Materials: Please send the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. 2 professional references with a brief summary of the context and history of your relationship to these individuals.
This job summary is not to be interpreted to be all-inclusive. It is intended to identify the essential functions and qualifications of the job. The applicant may be required to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this job description. Certain functions not explicitly stated above are nevertheless understood to be essential to this position. Anderson Ranch is an equal opportunity employer.