Gardener and Grounds Assistant
The Gardener and Grounds Assistant at Anderson Ranch Arts Center supports all programs run by the Ranch by managing the production of events on the grounds, the maintenance of the property and supervising all contracts and building projects. This is a part-time / hourly position.
- Assist in the hiring and supervision of contract labor and a summer intern.
- Repair and maintain equipment. • Monitor security systems – first on call list when response in necessary.
- Maintain decking and porches – maintenance, yearly cleaning and repairs/refinishing when necessary.
- Manage parking lots.
- Manage maintenance of vehicle fleet.
- Maintain grounds and landscaping.
- Assist with Spring clean-up.
- Set-up of for summer-use items.
- Plant and maintain flower beds and grounds including fertilizing, irrigation and hand-watering.
- Manage equipment – mowers, trimmers, ect.
- Manage all outdoor seating- custodial tasks, turnovers, ect.
- Assist with set-up and take-down for events on the grounds, meeting hall and café, this includes events such as auctions, lectures and social gatherings.
Winter Season Property Management
- Manage fall clean-up.
- Manage storage of all summer-use items.
- Assist with plowing.
- Assist with snow and ice removal and spreading aggregate, including shoveling and snow-blowing.
- Install heat tape.
- Monitor heating and hot water systems.
- Shovel roofs and remove ice dams to prevent leaks.
The ideal candidate for Facilities and Grounds Assistant will have the following qualities:
- Knowledge of landscaping / grounds work and use of landscaping equipment.
- Some knowledge of construction / construction equipment, electrical and plumbing.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- High level of reliability and timeliness.
- Ability to be on call as needed.
- Self-motivated with minimal supervision needed.
- Professional, friendly and personable demeanor in all situations, especially with guests and the public.
- Commitment to the mission of the Ranch.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include in subject line: Facilities and Grounds Assistant Job Application. No phone calls please. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the ideal candidate is selected.
This job summary is not to be interpreted to be all-inclusive. It is intended to identify the essential functions and qualifications of the job. The applicant may be required to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this job description. Certain functions not explicitly stated above are nevertheless understood to be essential to this position. Anderson Ranch is an equal opportunity employer.