Senior Creative Manager
Reports to: Director of Marketing and Communications
Type: Full time, year-round position
The Senior Creative Manager coordinates all visual marketing for the Ranch and is responsible for the creation of all publications and print marketing materials. The Senior Creative Manager will work closely with contractors and vendors for the development of large print projects. Creation and execution of digital publications, including newsletters and e-blasts, will also be expected. The Senior Creative Manager will report to the Director of Marketing and Communications and will work closely with other members of the marketing team and interns, as well as with the Executive Director, the Ranch’s Artistic Directors and other senior staff members.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Creation of print and electronic marketing materials, including but not limited to advertisements, annual reports, brochures, event schedules, posters, postcards, direct mail pieces, formal invitations, catalogs, newsletters, e-blasts and other pieces as needed.
- Oversee print production efforts of all collateral pieces, working closely with vendors on budget, quantities and timelines.
- Bidding out print jobs to ensure printed pieces are created within budget while meeting quality and design standards.
- Coordinate with external, independent contractors as needed.
- Manage and oversee the Ranch’s photo library and creative archives.
- Provide graphic design support to members of the Anderson Ranch team, including guidance on design elements, photo editing and appropriate use of the Ranch’s logos, fonts, colors, etc.
- Provide assistance to the Director of Marketing and Communications in executing website refresh, additions and changes, disseminating messages via social media
- Provide direction, mentorship and guidance to junior level marketing employees and interns.
- Perform other essential duties and tasks as assigned.
- A minimum of five years professional experience in graphic design, project management and art direction.
- Experience in scheduling and leading creative projects from concept and layout through finished product, coordinating with key colleagues, monitoring edits, working with vendors, maintaining multiple deadlines.
- Extensive experience and working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator), Adobe Lightroom, and Microsoft Office.
- Experience art-directing photo shoots, creating shot lists, editing photos, and maintaining a visual library.
- Highly motivated, able to work both in a team setting, as well as independently. Must be a strong communicator, both verbally and written.
- Extremely detail oriented, strong proofreading skills, highly organized and able to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
- A bachelor’s degree in graphic design, communications or other applicable area of discipline. An associate’s degree in graphic design will be considered, depending upon the candidate’s experience level.
Photography skills, video editing and experience with website content management and email newsletter systems are a plus.
Compensation and Benefits
Anderson Ranch Arts Center offers an excellent and competitive benefits and compensation package.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include in subject line: Senior Creative Manager Job Application. No phone calls please. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the ideal candidate is selected.
This job summary is not to be interpreted to be all-inclusive. It is intended to identify the essential functions and qualifications of the job. The applicant may be required to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this job description. Certain functions not explicitly stated above are nevertheless understood to be essential to this position. Anderson Ranch is an equal opportunity employer.