EFFECTIVE DATE: February 17, 2021
By visiting the Site, or using any of our Services, you agree that your personal information will be handled as described in this Policy. Your use of our Site or Services, and any dispute over privacy, is subject to this Policy.
The Information We Collect About You
We collect information about you directly from you and automatically through your use of our Site or Services.
Information We Collect Directly From You. The information we collect from you depends on how you use our Site and Services.
- When you register for an event hosted by Anderson Ranch, we will collect your email address as well as your first and last name
- When you sign up to attend or purchase a space in one of our workshops, you must provide your name, email address, mobile phone number, and payment information, such as your credit or debit card information and your billing address. Individuals residing in Anderson Ranch-provided housing during a workshop may be required to provide us with additional information, including their health information, such as COVID-19 test results, and a list of contacts within a specified period;
- We may also collect surveys from event and workshop participants including demographic information, such as your age, zip code, gender, race/ethnicity, art experience, and level of education; and
- If you create an account on the Site, you must provide your email address and a password for your account. You may also include additional information in your account profile, such as your contact information, communication preferences, and any programs for which you have registered to attend. Your account profile will also include your event and workshop attendance history.
- If you make a donation through the Site, we will collect information about your donation and your payment and billing information.
- If you contact us through the Site or Services, we will collect your name, contact information, and your communications with us.
Information We Collect Automatically. We automatically collect information about your use of our Site through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies, including technologies designed for mobile apps. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we combine this information with other information we collect about you, including your personal information. Please see the section “Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms” below for more information.
Information Automatically Collected from Site:
- domain name;
- your browser type and device operating system;
- web pages you view on the Site; links you click on the Site; your device’s IP address;
- the length of time you visit our Site and or use our Services;
- the referring URL, or the webpage that led you to our Site; and
- location information. With your permission, we will collect location information from your web browser. You may turn off this feature through the location settings on your web browser or mobile device.
How We Use Your Information
We use your information, including your personal information, for the following purposes:
- Service Provisioning/Transactional Purposes:
- To provide our Site and Services to you.
- To communicate with you about your use of our Site and Services; to fulfill your orders, to respond to your inquiries, and for other customer service purposes.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to provide access to content you have signed up for or purchased or licensed from us, to provide personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while visiting the Site or using the Services.
- Marketing Communications: In accordance with applicable laws and our customer agreements, we may use your information:
- To send you marketing communications about our products and services.
- To send you news, newsletters, and event information.
- To send you marketing communications about products and services that we jointly sponsor or offer with other entities that we think may be of interest to you.
- To assist us in determining relevant advertising content and media and to create Custom Audiences.
- To evaluate the success of our advertising campaigns (including our online targeted advertising and offline promotional campaigns).
- See also the Ad Networks section discussed below.
- Site and Product Improvement/Research:
- To better understand how users access and use our Site and Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis. For example, we will evaluate which features of our Site and Services are more (or least) used by users, and we will use this information to update or add new features to our Site and Services. We may also use feedback provided by users to update our Services or develop new offerings.
- To administer surveys and questionnaires, such as for post-workshop engagement, market research or customer satisfaction purposes.
- To create aggregated, anonymized, pseudonymized or de-identified data sets. We may use such data sets for research, product improvement and development, marketing, advertising, trend analysis and other purposes.
- Legal Purposes:
- To comply with legal obligations and act in accordance with legal authorizations, as part of our general business operations, and for other business administration purposes, including to comply with our legal and regulatory requirements, authenticating your identity, maintaining customer records, to monitor your compliance with your agreements with us, to collect debts owed to us, to safeguard our business interests, and to manage or transfer our assets or liabilities, for example in the case of an acquisition, disposition or merger, as described below.
- For other purposes we may inform you about from time to time. Where required by applicable laws and regulations, we will obtain your consent if we wish to use your personal information for purposes requiring such consent.
How We Share Your Information
We may share your information, including personal information, as follows:
- Service Providers. We disclose the information we collect from you to service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf. These service providers include our event location hosts, email marketing provider, donor management platform, and our virtual event providers.
- Affiliates. We may disclose your information to our affiliate and subsidiary organizations for the purposes described in this Policy.
- Jointly Promoted Events. We may jointly offer, sponsor, or promote events with other organizations. If you register to attend a jointly promoted event, we will share your registration information with the other event organizers.
- Anderson Ranch Users. If you provide a review or comment for publication on the Site, your name and comments will be available to, and searchable by, all users of the Site and Services.
We also disclose information in the following circumstances:
- Business Transfers. If (i) we are or may be acquired by, merged with, or invested in by another organization, or (ii) if any of our assets are or may be transferred to another organization, whether as part of a bankruptcy or insolvency proceeding or otherwise, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other organization. As part of the business transfer process, we may share certain of your personal information with lenders, auditors, and third party advisors, including attorneys and consultants.
- In Response to Legal Process. We disclose your information to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
- To Protect Us and Others. We disclose your information when we believe it is appropriate to do so to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, violations of this Policy, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may share aggregate, anonymized, or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
Cookies. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your device’s hard drive through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate our Site and Services, while others are used to enable a faster log-in process or to allow us to track your activities at our Site and Service. There are two types of cookies: session and persistent cookies.
- Session Cookies. Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your device when you close your browser or turn off your device. We use session cookies to allow our systems to uniquely identify you during a session or while you are logged into the Site and Services. This allows us to process your online transactions and requests and verify your identity, after you have logged in, as you move through our Site and Services.
- Persistent Cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your device after you have closed your browser or turned off your device. We use persistent cookies to track aggregate and statistical information about user activity.
Disabling Cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to our Site and Services who disable cookies will be able to browse certain areas of the Site, but some features may not function.
Do-Not-Track. Currently, our systems do not recognize browser “do-not-track” requests. You may, however, disable certain tracking as discussed in this section (e.g., by disabling cookies); you also may opt-out of targeted advertising by following the instructions in the Ad Network section.
We may disclose certain information (such as your email address) to Facebook Custom Audiences (for more information on Facebook Custom Audience go here or to opt-out, go to the Facebook ad preferences page)—so that we can better target ads and content to you and others with similar interests on other websites or media (“Custom Audiences”). We may also work with other ad networks and marketing platforms that enable us and other participants to target ads to Custom Audiences submitted by us and others. You may also control how Facebook and other ad networks display certain ads to you, as explained further in their respective privacy policies or by using the opt-outs described below.
Users in the United States may opt out of many third-party ad networks. For example, you may go to the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) Consumer Choice Page for information about opting out of interest-based advertising and their choices regarding having information used by DAA companies. You may also go to the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) Consumer Opt-Out Page for information about opting out of interest-based advertising and their choices regarding having information used by NAI members.
Opting out from one or more companies listed on the DAA Consumer Choice Page or the NAI Consumer Opt-Out Page will opt you out from those companies’ delivery of interest-based content or ads to you, but it does not mean you will no longer receive any advertising through our Site, Services, or on other websites. You may continue to receive advertisements, for example, based on the particular website that you are viewing (i.e., contextually based ads). Also, if your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you opt out on the DAA or NAI websites, your opt out may not be effective. Additional information is available on the DAA’s website at www.aboutads.info or the NAI’s website at www.networkadvertising.org.
Our Site and Services may contain links to non-affiliated websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those those websites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such websites.
Security of My Personal Information
We have implemented reasonable precautions to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our efforts, no data security measures can guarantee security.
You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
Access to My Personal Information
If you have created an account with us, you may modify the personal information that you have submitted by logging into your account and updating your profile information. Please note that copies of information that you have updated, modified or deleted may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Site for a period of time.
What Choices Do I Have Regarding Promotional Emails?
We may send periodic promotional emails to you. You may opt-out of promotional emails by following the opt-out instructions contained in the email. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving promotional emails, we may still send you emails about your account or any services you have requested or received from us.
Children Under 13
Our Site and Services are not designed for children under 13. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our systems.
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our Services or would like to make a complaint, please contact us at email@example.com.
Changes to this Policy
This Policy is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. We may change this Policy from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post any changes to this Policy on our Site. If we make any changes to this Policy that materially affect our practices with regard to the personal information we have previously collected from you, we will endeavor to provide you with notice in advance of such change by highlighting the change on our Site.