Tree Decorating – Call for Artists
November 11, 2020
Posted In: Anderson Ranch General
Anderson Ranch Arts Center invites artists to submit proposals for an outdoor tree art installation on the Anderson Ranch campus. The installation will be on view from Dec 16 – Jan 8, 2021.
Anderson Ranch celebrates the coming of Winter with trees on campus being decorated and made into an art installation by Roaring Fork Valley artists. We are looking for fresh, innovative ideas that stimulate interest and community engagement in our natural environment. Decorations do not need to be holiday-themed. Artists can submit proposals to wrap and/or install artwork on a variety of trees. Each artist will receive $1000 to cover supplies and installation.
Submit project proposals including a concept, materials list and sketch/photos to Zakriya Rabani at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5PM on Friday, November 20th, 2020. Please use “Tree Installation” in the subject line of the email. Installations will take place the week of November 30 – December 4th from 9AM-5PM. If the proposal is from a group, please explain how you would work together to build a single, cohesive installation.
- Material selection is open to the artist.
- Anderson Ranch will provide lighting for artists’ trees.
- Proposals for art cannot include anything being forced into the trunks or branches of the trees.
- Anything hanging from a tree must be secured and able to withstand weather, wind and wildlife.
- Thought should be given to how the proposed work responds to the installation site. The installations must have no negative impact on the site, during installation, exhibition or removal.
- All materials will be removed from the site at the end of the exhibition period.
- Installations will encourage viewers to engage with the site and its environment, deepening their awareness and respect for this space.