Thank You For a Great Summer!
What an incredible summer at Anderson Ranch Arts Center, we couldn’t have done it without you—our community of friends and supporters! Below is a look back at the events and workshops that made the season so special.
Summer Series: Featured Artists and Conversations
This year, for our Summer Series: Featured Artists and Conversations, we enjoyed talks with Alexis Rockman, Simone Leigh, Tyler Mitchell, Derrick Adams and Scott Rothkopf. If you missed any, you can watch them all here!
This year, we brought our Recognition Dinner to the Anderson Ranch campus, transforming our largest fundraiser of the year into a full-fledged Recognition Week. From the Guerrilla Girls Critical Dialog and lecture to live music with jazz singer Lizz Wright, and a tribute to our 2021 International Artist Honoree, Simone Leigh it was a week to remember. Click here to view a full recap of the events!
This summer we were overjoyed to welcome over 1,000 students to campus who attended 120 workshops across all mediums. Highlights include:
- The use of our new 3-D clay printers, a brand new technique that allowed students to learn to build cups and vessels on the computer to be digitally fabricated in porcelain and terra-cotta using 3D ceramic printers.
- Children’s workshops that filled the Ranch with fun and laughter as participants put on art exhibitions for family and friends every Friday for 13 weeks.
- Metal pouring featuring bronze and aluminum pours generated a lot of excitement throughout the summer in the Sculpture studio.
- Hahnemuhle, Ilford and Moab papers generously donated to the Photography studio allowing workshop participants to create large format prints of their work.
Registration for Summer 2022 Workshops will be available starting on January 3rd, don’t miss it!
Thank You To Our Supporters
Donor support is fundamental to the success of the Ranch. Your support allows the Ranch to continue to serve our mission of bringing artists of all levels from across the country and around the world to explore new ideas, hone their art-making skills and engage in meaningful dialog at the Ranch. Because of the ongoing support of people like you, we eagerly look forward to another 55 years of success. Here are a few highlights from our 2021 supporters:
- Thank you to the Joan & Rodger Gurrentz Family for their generous support in honor of Susan Gurrentz’s artistic career and her time here at Anderson Ranch. Their generous gift funds the remodeled entryway of the Dee Wyly Painting Building, creating a display of rotating artwork from our collection which showcases different artists and techniques.
- With the support of our donors (anonymous), Anderson Ranch completed the first phase of transforming the former Turning Studio into a state-of-the-art Digital Fabrication Lab. In addition to renovating and outfitting the space with new work stations, the Ranch also began upgrading the “FabLab’s’’ technology and equipment. In establishing this space, and initiating the integration of technology into all of our studios, this gift has greatly impacted the Anderson Ranch legacy of being an innovator in art and craft.